Communities thrive at the intersection of business and people success. When communities, businesses, and people actively engage to leverage the strengths of each, collaborative success is realized for all. TBL Leadership Partners embraces opportunities to partner with communities in a variety of platforms to foster healthy growth and development.
TBL’s community contributions and partnerships include:
- Inspiring Lifestyle Entrepreneurs to realize their dreams with Truventure, Venturing in Truth-based Significance Be Wildly Successful in Business and in Life
- Sponsorship for Thrive Conference for young professionals and university students in Shanghi, China.
- Executive director of Vision Transylvania, Community Leadership Development Program
- Leadership of the Transylvania Women’s Business Exchange
- Facilitation for the City of Brevard’s annual planning retreats
- Creation of the Connect for Success Conference, a conference in Western North Carolina for women entrepreneurs
- Sponsorship of the TBL Leadership Conference for university students in Nanjing, China
Angela Owen on "Community Influence"
Friday, January 23rd, 2015
The Old Testament story of Nabal and Abigail is a classic case of one person’s poor leadership followed by the wise leadership of another. In 1 Samuel 25, we read that David and his men had been with the shepherds guarding Nabal’s sheep. David’s men had respected, guarded, and protected the shepherds throughout the stay alongside their fields. When David sent a few of his men to greet Nabal and request his favor, Nabal responded with insults and arrogance. Nabal’s foolish response to David’s request triggered David and his men to gird their swords for an attack on Nabal and his household.
When Nabal’s wife, Abigail, heard the news of the impending attack, she sprung into action. We can learn at least four lessons from her response . . .